Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

EL LOCO NEGRO ES AQUI

December 21, 2013: The first recorded sighting of "El Loco Negro."

While finishing this year's Christmas shopping, after over two decades of searching I finally chanced upon a store in NYC that sells lucha libre masks for adult wearers. (They are usually found in kiddie sizes.) After perusing a selection of some sixty masks, I found one that not only fit my large noggin but also jibed with my aesthetic sensibilities. At long last my latest alter ego, "El Loco Negro," can walk the streets in search of wrongs to right, alien invasions to thwart, and monsters to put the boot to. I will also be taking lots of photos of myself in masked form in inappropriate places, only with my glasses on over the mask, so get ready, world!

No comments: