Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

S.H.I.E.L.D. FOR BEGINNERS

Marvel's TV iteration of AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. hits the airwaves tonight and most of the audience tuning in is likely to have had their interest fanned by the organization's appearance in the string of big screen Marvel Comics adaptations starting with the first IRON MAN flick. My interest has been there since I was around ten years old and already a lover of comics and 1960's super-spy pop culture, so reading reprints of the Jack Kirby, John Severin, and Jim Steranko runs of NICK FURY, AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D. was a given. I've followed Fury's over-the-top exploits ever since, through decent inter-weavings with the rest of the Marvel Universe and also through far too many crappy arcs that amounted to little, so for better or worse I know my S.H.I.E.L.D. What follows here is an impressive piece of hardcore geekery that explains the entire history of S.H.I.E.L.D. for beginners, and I salute Amy Dallen's very impressive effort.



No comments: