Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

R.I.P. JIM KELLY (1946-2013)

Jim Kelly, indelible as Williams in the epochal ENTER THE DRAGON (1973), has left this mortal coil at the too-young age of 67. That surprises the hell out of me because I met the guy only two and a half years ago and seemed in terrific health, even continuing to practice karate and play pro-level tennis. Just goes to show you that when your number's up, that's that.

Yer Bunche meets Jim Kelly. (October 2010)

I'm buried under stuff at the moment, but this makes the week's second great loss to both the martial arts and martial arts cinema that I must write about when I get out from under, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Acroyear said...

"When it comes I won’t even notice… I’ll be too busy lookin’ good."

That you did Mr. Kelly.