Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

THINGS I PONDER WHILE I'M PROCTORIN'-Part 1

During college testing season, I have a recurring gig proctoring exams at a certain Manhattan law school and I've been doing it for the past week, with more this week and next. Some of those tests can last all day and my role is to administer them and make sure everything runs smoothly, so I cannot alleviate the boredom of entertainment-free vigilance with reading, drawing, or what have you. Instead, since no one can see me doing it, I allow my mind to wander and when I do, I often come up with the dumbest/most brilliant ideas I've had in ages. For example:
The greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time: Led Whitman.

Things I ponder while I'm proctorin': How much more awesome would Led Zeppelin have been if their frontman were Slim Whitman? Imagine Slim's vocal's on "Achilles Last Stand!" LED WHITMAN ROOLZ!!! Though either Klaus Nomi or The Legendary Stardust Cowboy would also be incredible as substitutes for Robert Plant...

(Special thanks to Greaseball Johnny for this sterling bit of custom-requested bad Photoshop, uh, I mean, actual rare photo!)

No comments: